It’s the start of a new month! A new opportunity to review and renew. The first of every month is a great time to check in with yourself. How are you feeling? What do you want in the next 30 days? What can you do to get there? Here are a few ways to jumpstart this new month and set yourself up for more confidence and happiness.
Pssst Have you tried our 5 Journal Prompts to Start a New Month on The Right Track?
Change Your Routine This Month
Feeling a little unproductive or a little drained? Maybe it’s time to reevaluate your daily schedule. Here are a few questions to ask yourself to get clear on what exactly needs a little tweaking in your routine:Morning
- What time have I been waking up?
- What do I tend to do as soon as I wake up?
- How do I typically feel in those first couple hours in the morning?
- When I think of the person I wish I could be, how does she typically spend her mornings?
- How do I feel throughout my day?
- When do I tend to lose energy or get distracted?
- How often do I open social media without thinking?
- How do I usually feel at the end of the day? Productive? Drained? Bored? Proud?
- When I have down time, what do I typically do? How do I feel about that?
- What is one thing I can do in my free time that would move me towards one of my goals? (A 15 min ab workout? Work on a side-hustle?)
These questions will give your clarity on different changes you can make to your day-to-day.
Change Your Social Media Feed
How often do you go on social media and just feel down afterwards? The comparison trap on IG can get exhausting. If you’re feeling unhappy about your relationship with social media, this new month is a chance to improve it.
Changing your social media feed means re-assessing the accounts you tend to follow.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Does this account inspire me?
- Have I felt envious of this person?
- How often do I interact with this account?
- If they didn’t show up on my feed, would I go out of my way to see their content?
Once you filter out a few accounts that you no longer want contaminating your feed, you can choose to follow some inspiring accounts instead.
Here are a few accounts we LOVE:
- @Fitfatandallthat – Your new body-positive bff
- @thejeffreymarsh – We swear Jeffrey’s like the human-embodiment of love and compassion
- @journey_to_wellness – mental health advice in cute cartoon form
Adjust How You Approach Your Relationships
This mindset shift will transform this new month for you. Whether it’s in your romantic relationships, friendships, or in a work-setting, thise simple phrase – once put into practice – will make an impact on how you feel about each of your interactions.
Assume good intent.
More often than not, people don’t mean to hurt you. People aren’t inharently malicious.
Many times, negativity within our relationships stem from misunderstandings, miscommunication, and assumptions.
If you choose to assume that the people you meet don’t have bad intentions, it’ll be so much easier to feel more positive and build healthier connections each day this month.
Keep this simple mindset shift in mind whenever facing an uncomfortable or frustrating situation this month and see how much better you feel.
What changes will you be making this month?
Pin this post for later: